Ok so here my problem. A couple days ago I found out that I had stupidly and unknowingly download some keyloggers. Not a big problem cuz I don't really have anything important they could get but still bad so I got rid of them. I ran AVG anti-spyware and andti-virus and it worked fine. Next thing I did that was stupid was go onto a download site using IE, bad idea. I got a nasty little program call adssite on my computer with nasty little recreating dll files. I got rid of that using HJT, AVG, and CCleaner. But now heres my real problem starting two days ago my computer has froze several times, about 4. This has never happened before. The situations were as follows. 1. I had several tabs open in FF, no more than usuall but when i tried to click another tab the comp froze completly, including no mouse movement or anything. 2+3. I tried to enable the ethernet connention in network connections and it froze. I could move my mouse but couldn't open any programs and all the windows and desktop were unresponsive. This I found out is because the PCI ethernet card I had in my comp was no longer being recognized by my comp. I don't know if the card just burnt out or if the driver got messed with. 4th time was when I tried to get a wireless connection while running a scan with AVG. it froze again, I couldn't move my mouse but I had to restart. Ok now that you know the situation heres the symptoms.

-PCI card is no longer recognized
-everything that connects to the internet lags more compared to usually
-another computer attached to the same modem has expirienced the same problems
-my computer froze 4 times which it has never done before
-Also the only thing that the two computers have in common is their connection to the modem and that they both have the new version of napster recently installed(even though the problems happen even when napster isn't running.

Ok sorry for the long paragraph. Heres my HJT log. Nothing I could see on it.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2
Scan saved at 2:22:44 PM, on 11/18/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXPPS.EXE
E:\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
E:\AVG\avgamsvr.exe
E:\AVG\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\snmp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
E:\AVG\avgcc.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
E:\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logitech\KHAL\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\HiJackThis.exe

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.google.com
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = www.google.com
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.emachines.com/
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_09\bin\ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Veoh Browser Plug-in - {D0943516-5076-4020-A3B5-AEFAF26AB263} - C:\Program Files\Veoh Networks\Veoh\Plugins\reg\VeohToolbar.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer] KHALMNPR.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [KernelFaultCheck] %systemroot%\system32\dumprep 0 -k
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IgfxTray] C:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HotKeysCmds] C:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] E:\AVG\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Creative Detector] "C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe" /R
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-19\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] E:\AVG\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'LOCAL SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-20\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] E:\AVG\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'NETWORK SERVICE')
O4 - HKUS\S-1-5-18\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] E:\AVG\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'SYSTEM')
O4 - HKUS\.DEFAULT\..\Run: [AVG7_Run] E:\AVG\avgw.exe /RUNONCE (User 'Default user')
O4 - Global Startup: Logitech SetPoint.lnk = E:\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
O6 - HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Control Panel present
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://E:\MICROS~1\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.emachines.com
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - E:\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Alert Manager Server (Avg7Alrt) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - E:\AVG\avgamsvr.exe
O23 - Service: AVG7 Update Service (Avg7UpdSvc) - GRISOFT, s.r.o. - E:\AVG\avgupsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Creative Service for CDROM Access - Creative Technology Ltd - C:\WINDOWS\System32\CTsvcCDA.EXE
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: LexBce Server (LexBceS) - Lexmark International, Inc. - C:\WINDOWS\system32\LEXBCES.EXE
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Intel NCS NetService (NetSvc) - Intel(R) Corporation - c:\Program Files\Intel\NCS\Sync\NetSvc.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: My Current Home Page - (no file)

--
End of file - 4177 bytes

Thanks in advance for any help. This one has got me puzzled.

Recommended Answers

All 12 Replies

Fun times, kyle. Guess you could try this scan:
==Please use IE to do an online scan at panda:- http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan?
-select a link to the scan... free online virus scan...., enter a valid? email and follow through, choosing My Computer for a full system scan.
Post the log it produces here.
..And this [it shows some useful stuff]:
==Download this file to your desktop: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
- to run it dclick combofix.exe and follow the prompts to start it. When finished, it will produce a log, C:\Combofix.txt - post that log in your next reply.
A word of caution - do not touch your mouse/keyboard until the scan has completed. The scan will temporarily disable your desktop, and if interrupted may leave your desktop disabled. If this occurs reboot to restore the desktop.

The Panda scan gonna take awhile.(I got alot of stuff on my comp), but thats not why im posting. When I try and run combo fix it comes up with an abort window and says the date is 2007-11-18 this version is expired, please download the newest version. Then it uninstalls itself and crash firefox. I have already googled it and tried a couple different downloads but they all do the same thing. I was wondering if you know whats wrong with my comp, and or if you have the link to this new version?

Looks like Combofix has a bug in the date check... just have to wait for it to be fixed.
I tested it, tried my earlier copy and it uninstalled itself, dld the latest [with FF] and it uninstalled itself okay [it should not have done that...] with no effect on FF.

And yet another problem arises. I can no longer access daniweb with firefox from my comp so now im using my other one. I didn't want to risk crashing IE because of the scan. So I don't know what this means, i cant see any reason why i shouldn't be able to access daniweb on my comp with ff bux..oh well.

Ok Pandascan finally done and all it found were some tracking cookies and some stuff in the FF cache which I'm cleaning right now. The last spyware it list on the log was created in 2005 and doesn't look malicious so I don't think I'm gonna delete that yet, and all the other most of the other stuff are tools I downloaded. The only thing that looks malicious is the registry things and the two generic viruses at the bottom.

Incident Status Location

Adware:adware/popper Not disinfected Windows Registry
Adware:adware/commad Not disinfected Windows Registry
Spyware:Cookie/Tribalfusion Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.tribalfusion.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.bs.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/QuestionMarket Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.questionmarket.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/RealMedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.realmedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Com.com Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.com.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Mediaplex Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.mediaplex.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Adrevolver Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.adrevolver.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Casalemedia Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.casalemedia.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Atwola Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.atwola.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/adultfriendfinder Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.adultfriendfinder.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Xiti Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.xiti.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Apmebf Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.apmebf.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/bravenetA Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt[.bravenet.com/]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\SDFix.exe[SDFix\apps\Process.exe]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/NirCmd.A Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\Cache\9BCAD206d01[nircmd.exe]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/NirCmd.A Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\Cache\9BCAD206d01[nircmd.cfexe]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/NirCmd.A Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\Cache\C2152591d01[nircmd.exe]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/NirCmd.A Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\Cache\C2152591d01[nircmd.cfexe]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\HJT\SmitfraudFix\Process.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/SuperFast Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\HJT\SmitfraudFix\restart.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\HJT\SmitRem\smitRem\Process.exe
Adware:Adware/AdRotator Not disinfected C:\HJT\backups\backup-20071114-000236-394.dll
Adware:Adware/AdRotator Not disinfected C:\HJT\backups\backup-20071114-000236-826.dll
Virus:Generic Malware Disinfected C:\HJT\backups\backup-20071114-144419-877.dll
Virus:Generic Malware Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\HGStart9USA.exe
Virus:Generic Malware Disinfected C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\HGStart9USA.exe
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/NirCmd.A Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\NirCmd.exe
Spyware: Spyware/MarketScore Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\cemetrix.dll
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected C:\WINDOWS\system32\Process.exe
If you can figure out what wrong then kudos to you.

G'day, Kyle. Sorry but I forgot to post this:
ComboFix appears to be down for an indeterminate period - it's all up to the writer.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cemetrix.dll - a problem file. Delete it.
This is a game file:HGStart9USA.exe - it got "disinfected", so your game may not work... a Far Eastern one?
I'd delete your hijackthis backups to get rid of warnings.
To get rid of this pair: Adware:adware/popper Not disinfected Windows Registry, Adware:adware/commad Not disinfected Windows Registry you will need to run eithe Adaware or AVG AS:
==GET AVG antispyware 7.5 here.. http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5
or here.. http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/5390/lng/us/tpl/v5#avg-anti-spyware-free
-Install it and UPDATE it.
Start AVG a-s 7.5;
-under Scanner/ Settings please change the default action from Recommended Actions to QUARANTINE, and run the complete system scan.
-press Apply all Actions and Save the log file. Post the log file.

Ok I deleted cemetrix.dll
And I have no idea what game that would be for.

Anyways I already have AVG and I ran a scan but I'll do so again.(Oh and yes I have AVG Anti-spyware and anti-virus so don't get confused there, I'll runt he anti-spyware)
It does take an extremely long time though.

Also a new symptom.

No matter what I change manually my computer keep changing everything in C:\ to Read-Only and keeps changing back to
-Do not show hidden files
and put the checkmarks back next to
-Hide known file extentions
-Hide system files/folders

So I don't know whats wrong with that. Thanks for your time though.

Some Spyware tools modify those settings, Kyle, when you run them.

Oh its probably Ccleaner then. Also the AVG log only found some cookies.

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report
---------------------------------------------------------

+ Created at: 8:12:13 PM 11/19/2007

+ Scan result:

:mozilla.118:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.119:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.120:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.121:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.122:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.140:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : Cleaned.
:mozilla.141:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : Cleaned.
:mozilla.142:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adjuggler : Cleaned.
:mozilla.273:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.274:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.275:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.276:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.277:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.278:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.279:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.164:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.165:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.166:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.167:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.168:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.49:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
:mozilla.72:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstbeacon : Cleaned.
:mozilla.73:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.77:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.79:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.173:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.174:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.175:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.176:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.177:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.178:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.179:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Casalemedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.32:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.61:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.62:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.63:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.64:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.65:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.74:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.75:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.76:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.240:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Googleadservices : Cleaned.
:mozilla.193:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
:mozilla.194:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
:mozilla.195:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Hitbox : Cleaned.
:mozilla.134:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Imrworldwide : Cleaned.
:mozilla.135:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Imrworldwide : Cleaned.
:mozilla.282:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ivwbox : Cleaned.
:mozilla.60:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned.
:mozilla.93:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Myaffiliateprogram : Cleaned.
:mozilla.16:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Netflame : Cleaned.
:mozilla.171:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned.
:mozilla.172:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned.
:mozilla.217:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Realmedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.218:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Realmedia : Cleaned.
:mozilla.211:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.212:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.213:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.214:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.199:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.200:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.201:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.202:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.203:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.204:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.205:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.67:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.68:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.69:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.70:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.71:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.27:C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\avpgw1s6.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tribalfusion : Cleaned.

::Report end

Also an urgent problem that just started a few mins ago. FF is crash almost as soon as I open it and my desktop has become wacked. Instead of running the program when I double-click a shortcut on my desktop, it opens up the properties.

As far as I can tell my comp is clean and yet there are still so many things wrong with it. I have also ran Vundofix and Smitfraudfix just on the off chance that I had one of those. I didn't.

:).. if you open Applications tab in CCleaner, you will see a Mozilla/FF section for cleaning files there...

:).. if you open Applications tab in CCleaner, you will see a Mozilla/FF section for cleaning files there...

Yes but that isn't the cause of the crash as I have using Ccleaner for a while now. Also check your Pm's please because I sent you and crunchie a post containing my symptoms as well as many others including my friends and family. It seems to be a new type of malware or an old one that has resurfaced, but I don't know how you would get rid of it now that combofix isn't working.

Anywho, all symptoms have magically disappeared, must of got em with something I did, so I'm just mark this thread as solved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.