Yes first delete and then redownload it. Then disconnect physically. And the easiest way to shut down your protect is to just exit them all from the taskbar by the clock. Usually if you right click them it will have a quit, exit, or disable option. Then run it again. Also could you get a screen shot with the exact error? In case you dont know the easiest way to take a screen shot is to hit the prt scrn button on the keyboard and then open MS paint and hit ctrl+v. Then just save it and attach it to your next post.

Didn't get the 'couldnt finish cause it was in use' error, but it still wouldn't make the log. This is the screen it will just sit at forever. Also, this is the piece of log that I find, when I manually search for it. For some reason this winantispyware and upmedia doesn't delete.

ComboFix 07-11-19.3 - Justin 2007-11-25 16:32:52.11 - NTFSx86
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600.2.1252.1.1033.18.429 [GMT -5:00]
Running from: C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Desktop\ComboFix.exe

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( Other Deletions )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))
---- Previous Run -------
C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Application Data\WinAntiSpyware 2006
C:\WINDOWS\system32\UpMedia

((((((((((((((((((((((((( Files Created from 2007-10-25 to 2007-11-25 )))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

I think the problem is that your antivirus programs are starting back up on the restart, so heres what to do. Go to Start>Run and type in "msconfig" without the quotes. Then go to the startup tab and uncheck all the boxes next to antivirus programs. Click ok and it should ask you to restart. unplug your internet and then hit restart. After it restarts run combofix again. It should work now.

I did everything. It runs all the steps (38). Then, just no log. How long does it take usually for the log to appear? That blue screen just doesn't change at all. Its so strange.

I ran xclean twice. It found spyagent.ak again and both times I removed it and restarted the computer. The last time I took a screenshot of it. Does this mean its hiding in control panel or something? Or maybe everytime I delete it it goes elsewehere? Heres the shot:

I have run xclean a few more times since then but it hasn't been detected yet. Could be hiding though or something. I ran counterspy today and it found in files the trojan.lineage heres the log. Why does it say it is in xclean?

Scan History Details
Start Date: 2007-11-28 12:16:44
End Date: 2007-11-28 12:52:36
Total Time: 35 Min 52 Sec
Detected security risks

Cookie: Hitbox.com Cookie (General) more information...
Details: Cookies are small "data tags" that web sites store on PCs in order to recognize unique visitors. Cookies are used to identify returning visitors who have registered for special services; to measure and analyze visitors' use of web site features; to count unique visitors to web pages; and to allow web surfers to use virtual "shopping carts." Online advertising networks use cookies to track users across web sites and to measure ad impressions and click-throughs.

Cookies detected
c:\documents and settings\justin\cookies\justin@hitbox[2].txt

Cookie: Hotbar Cookie (General) more information...
Details: Cookies are small "data tags" that web sites store on PCs in order to recognize unique visitors. Cookies are used to identify returning visitors who have registered for special services; to measure and analyze visitors' use of web site features; to count unique visitors to web pages; and to allow web surfers to use virtual "shopping carts." Online advertising networks use cookies to track users across web sites and to measure ad impressions and click-throughs.

Cookies detected
c:\documents and settings\justin\cookies\justin@realmedia[1].txt

Cookie: Mediaplex.com Cookie (General) more information...

Cookies detected
c:\documents and settings\justin\cookies\justin@mediaplex[2].txt

Cookie: QuestionMarket.com Cookie (General) more information...

Cookies detected
c:\documents and settings\justin\cookies\justin@questionmarket[2].txt

Cookie: Ru4.com Cookie (General) more information...

Cookies detected
c:\documents and settings\justin\cookies\justin@edge.ru4[1].txt

Cookie: Advertising.com Cookie (General) more information...

Cookies detected
c:\documents and settings\justin\cookies\justin@advertising[2].txt

Trojan.Lineage Trojan more information...

Files detected
C:\Documents and Settings\Justin\Desktop\xclean_micro.exe

what is with all of these weirdo trojans I keep running into? I need to find out where these things are and how to take them out, but i don't know how to.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.