hi,I am using windows xp service pack 2, i need to install red hat linux 9 in my system .
my problem is that i am unable to install another OS in my system though i deleted logically one of my drive in other OS i.e.., windows xp service pack 2 please give me the material or notes how can i install 2 OS in one system and one of that is already Microsoft windows Xp service pack 2
i hope these techs can solve the problem

Unless you REALLY need RH9 I'd advise you to get a more recent Linux distribution. Of the distributions I've used I prefer Ubuntu (or a variant like Kubuntu/Xubuntu/PickALetterUbuntu)

Installing a modern distribution it with Windows is usually as easy as selecting the partition you opened for it, and the installation will do the rest. Remember though:
BACKUP FIRST
even if you are not installing another OS, it's still a good idea. A few DVDs are cheaper than the annoyance of losing valuable data. It's never too soon to backup!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.