I have just installed PCLinuxOS (698 MB) in one of my hardware partition.

My Problem is that I am unable to connect to the internet. And I am not able to figure out the reason. So I have decided to post some screen shots, which may explain my problem better. Please help.

Attachments 3.jpg 97.58 KB 4.jpg 84.62 KB 5.jpg 100.03 KB 8.jpg 124.55 KB
Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Prabakar

Open up terminal and type ifconfig and tell me what comes up.

I got this.

Reply to Salims Post:
When I choose ISDN. It asks me Manual Choice or External ISDN.
If I choose External ISDN. It asks me in which com(1,2,3,...,dev/modem) port I have connected the modem. What should I choose?
If I choose Internal It asks for type of modem. Again I don't know.

Attachments 12.jpg 48.05 KB

Hello from SalimHus
Is it external or Internal, If internal choose manual and go thru' options. or external then tell it the port you use !!!

I apologize to you all for not replying for a month.
Actually I gave my hope on PCLinuxOS until last week.
I booted one of my college computers with PCLinuxOS and to my surprise I was able to connect to the Internet very easily.

*The One difference that I noted is that the LAN card was detected in College but not in my computer.*

So, I connected the modem to one of my USB port and then Yeah! I am connected to the Internet with PCLinuxOS. Daniweb looks a little different in this OS. But I am very happy that I am able to connect.

The Ethernet card came with a driver CD which has a source file for compiling in Linux
When I tried to compile the file I had so many errors that I gave up on it. As I said before I am happy what I have now.

And finally I thank you all for your suggestion & time that you spend helping me.

I apologize to you all for not replying for a month.
Actually I gave my hope on PCLinuxOS until last week.
I booted one of my college computers with PCLinuxOS and to my surprise I was able to connect to the Internet very easily.

*The One difference that I noted is that the LAN card was detected in College but not in my computer.*

So, I connected the modem to one of my USB port and then Yeah! I am connected to the Internet with PCLinuxOS. Daniweb looks a little different in this OS. But I am very happy that I am able to connect.

The Ethernet card came with a driver CD which has a source file for compiling in Linux
When I tried to compile the file I had so many errors that I gave up on it. As I said before I am happy what I have now.

And finally I thank you all for your suggestion & time that you spend helping me.

Once you have the hang of it - you'll never lose it - I believe PCLOS is good !!
The next step is fedora live CD - or PCLOS minime or Tiny

I am going to download fedora live cd:) I have already downloaded Ubuntu. Its good too.

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.