Hello everyone,

I have a fresh install of dapper drake and I would like to change two things from the default behavior:

1) How do you change to a "single click" desktop?

2) Can this system "remember" the last logged in username and go straight to the password prompt?

Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hello everyone,

I have a fresh install of dapper drake and I would like to change two things from the default behavior:

1) How do you change to a "single click" desktop?

2) Can this system "remember" the last logged in username and go straight to the password prompt?

Any pointers in the right direction will be appreciated.

1) in gconf-editor go into apps->nautilus->preferences and change click_policy to "single"

2) system->administration->login window; click the security tab, then tick enable automatic login and put your name in the box

Wow that was fast, thanks!

I did the first one but I am skipping the second, I was hoping to have username populated but still require authenticaion (not a big deal.)

Wow that was fast, thanks!

I did the first one but I am skipping the second, I was hoping to have username populated but still require authenticaion (not a big deal.)

ah, i see what you mean. don't think i read your question properly :)

you could always try the login style with the face browser - then you can double click on your icon and put your password in (kind of like xp home style).

i guess unless you have a long name just typing in your login is fastest

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.