I am going to install Red Hat Fedora Core 2.
Any advice?

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

Why would you install such an old distro? Get Fedora Core 9.

Ok, Where can i dwnld it?

And why is your name linux and you have XP?

But I think fedora 8 is better than fedora 9 now.

But I think fedora 8 is better than fedora 9 now.

I have to disagree...the FC9 is much better at hardware recognition and seems to be a little faster than FC8 (my first love!)...
But @ the OP, good choice on going w/ Fedora. Very well balanced...easy enough for beginners but advanced enough for more experienced Linux users. Fedora 10 will be released in a few weeks (the Beta is available now)...I suggest once you install it, update the system immediately before you do anything else (you'll have nearly 300 updates waiting for you; many of them are very important). Enjoy!

Fedora is beta class software. Its always buggy.

You can download FC2 from the archives but the question is why?

Fedora is beta class software. Its always buggy.

I've used Fedora 8 on my workstation since March. It's stable and robust.

Fedora is used as the development line for RedHat Enterprise Linux. It has a rapid release cycle, while RHEL is very slow. When each new version is released, it may be a bit raw, but development is very active and problems are resolved quickly.

you should go for Fedora 8 instead of Fedora 2, has it is very old so why to go for older one.....

sound good

Ok, Where can i dwnld it?

And why is your name linux and you have XP?

Many people run Linux for programming boxes, servers, gateways, yet they still use XP as there recreational OS. I however go all out *NIX. Just a matter of preference.

I use Suse 11.1 myself

you should go for Fedora 8 instead of Fedora 2, has it is very old so why to go for older one.....

I had used fedora 8 but I am really not aware that fedora 10 is going to be released out after few months. I was just waiting for the same. I think it will be great to use it.

i think u should use ubuntu 10.0

what about Fedoro 13 isn't the latest version good enough

hmmm...nice explanation from the experts

Fedora has been used in developing a line of Red Hat Enterprise Linux. This is a quick-release during the time when Red Hat Enterprise Linux is very slow. When each new version is released, can be a bit rough, but the development is very active and problems are solved quickly.

Learning how to run a Linux command can be very difficult for someone new to Linux, so here are some Linux tips that will help you to learn how to use Linux commands when working at the Linux command line prompt.

There are three main parts of a Linux command:

1. The Linux command name

2. Options that can be used with the Linux command

3. The "item(s)" that the Linux command is being run "on"

When you run a Linux command, spaces are used between: the Linux command name, the command options and the "item" the command is being run "on". The "item" could be a Linux directory, file, user or some other Linux software component.Hard Disk Manager

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.