essolinux 0 Newbie Poster

Hi,

I have tried installing CentOS 5.2 on my computer, which has 2 video adapters.
First one is built-in (Trident and it is disabled in the BIOS), second one is the PCI NVidia FX 200
When I start the install process it tries to load the built-in adapter, when it fails, it tells me that the X Server could failed to load and that the install will proceed in the text mode.
I install it in the text mode, restart and as it starts booting, midway booting, it throws strange characters and it does not continue.
It seems to me that it is still trying to go to the built-in adapter, even though th monitor is plugged in into the external adapter and the internal adapter is disabled in the BIOS and the external is set as the default.
Does anyone knows a way to help my installation look only for the external adapter and just disregard the built-in?

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,

Esso

P.S.
Same happens if I try to install Fedora, or Suse, I was only fine with Mandriva.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.