I've installed a package, "electric", which is an electrical/electronics CAD program, with Synaptic Package Manager. Now that its installed, where the heck is it? I can view the actual program files (/usr/lib/electric), but it doesn't show up in the "Applications" menu on the taskbar. How do I fix this/run the program?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

try type electric If that is in fact the name of the program. What I do is just tab the name in. Or if tabbing fails then try:

updatedb
locate electric

Sturm, I'm guessing I need to type that in a console? Does it matter what directory I'm in when I do it?

Yes you type it in a console, and no it doesn't matter in what directory you are.

OK, I can now find it and run it from a console. Now I just need to figure out how to add it to the applications menu. Don't tell me how yet, let me beat my head against the wall a few times trying to figure it out. I"ll post back if I can't figure out how. Thanks for the help so far!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.