In the past I've used vsftpd for File transfer. Installing this was quite easy:
- yum install vsftpd
- go to 'services' and click start.
Now it would be up and running. This has always worked for me, but now I'm required to use Tftp as a server.

So I tried:

yum install tftp-server

That worked fine, it installed all the server and all dependencies. Now how the heck do I start it? It isn't listed in 'services'. And when it's started, what directory will be ftp root?

As you might have guessed, I'm not using Linux on a regular basis, so try to keep it a bit simple if possible :)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

How about:
http://llbb.wordpress.com/2007/06/14/installing-tftp-on-fedora/

Thanks! That was just the link I was looking for. I wasn't with my first gazillion google-results ;)
I got it working now.

You might not want to use vi if you're not familiar with it though :)

Although I have no choice in this matter (it wasn't my decision to make) I would like to know why I shouldn't use it according to you?

Although I have no choice in this matter (it wasn't my decision to make) I would like to know why I shouldn't use it according to you?

Oh, vi is a perfectly good command line text editor; there's nothing really wrong with it except that it's not particularly user-friendly to those who have never used it before. :P

I misread your original post. I thought you said that I shouldn't use tftp if I wasn't familiar with it, but you were talking about VI :)
Luckily I have the VI-coffee-mug (yes, really), a real must-have for the beginners in VI.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.