Dear all,

I am using linux . My system is connected to local network and i have local address as 192.168.1.1 . There are more number of systems in my organization.I want to list out,

Ip address = list of sites used today.

For example,
192.168.1.2 =>google.com,yahoo.com etc.
Is there any command in linux .

Thank you,

With Regards,
Prem

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

There's no command that I know of that will do this. Unless you can find a tool/log analyser to do the leg work, you'd have to write some scripts yourself to achieve what you want, and it may require a considerable amount of work to implement.

This maybe of some help (Taken from this thread):

"Another option would be to set up BIND (DNS server) on the Linux system. Internal to BIND, you can turn on logging for all DNS querries. In a typical environment, most of the DNS querries are for web pages, so most of what you would see would be the web sites visited. However, if they were accessing news servers, chat rooms, etc., you will see that too.

In my case, I have 4 PCs at home in a network. 3/4 run WinXP, and the 4th runs SUSE v9. The SUSE system runs BIND, and is set up as the primary DNS server for the other 3 PCs, and has full logging turned on. 2/4 of the WinXP machines belong to my teenagers. Since the SUSE system is the primary DNS, and has logging enabled, I can see everything they do, without them knowing that I'm watching. I use Norton Internet Security on all of the WinXP systems, and have parental controls enabled, so the kids aren't able to get to much in the way of "bad" stuff, but I can still see what they are doing any time I need to.

Hope this helps. If you are interested in setting up BIND, a quick Google on "Linux DNS BIND" will get you all sorts of info on how to install & configure BIND. With SUSE, YAST will get you 99% of the way there, but at least in my case, I had to edit one of the conf files to turn logging on."

Dear nonshatter,

Thanks for your information.

prem

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.