Sooo..
I'm having media problems.
This has been an ongoing problem, and no matter what I try, I can't seem to fix it.

I can't get AmaroK or Kaffeine to play anything. They're using the Xine engine, because it has oh-so-many great reviews and I thought it'd be a good one to work with. But Xine hasn't got support for --anything--. And it frustrates me because I can't seem to find the plugins I need. I installed Realplayer to play mp3, and that's the best I've got so far. I also tried other engines but none work, and I want to use Xine, I just need it to function.

What I want -- codecs/plugins for playing basic DVD, Mpg, Mp3, and that's it.
They should be included by default, and maybe they are, but I can't get anything to work.

Someone please help :cry:

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Sooo..
I'm having media problems.
This has been an ongoing problem, and no matter what I try, I can't seem to fix it.

I can't get AmaroK or Kaffeine to play anything. They're using the Xine engine, because it has oh-so-many great reviews and I thought it'd be a good one to work with. But Xine hasn't got support for --anything--. And it frustrates me because I can't seem to find the plugins I need. I installed Realplayer to play mp3, and that's the best I've got so far. I also tried other engines but none work, and I want to use Xine, I just need it to function.

What I want -- codecs/plugins for playing basic DVD, Mpg, Mp3, and that's it.
They should be included by default, and maybe they are, but I can't get anything to work.

Someone please help :cry:

what distro are you using? and on what architecture (x86 / ppc etc)

if you're using ubuntu you should check out the automatix

what distro are you using? and on what architecture (x86 / ppc etc)

if you're using ubuntu you should check out the automatix

[Open]SuSE 10.1; i586

I was just wondering what the point was of having something like Xine if "Legal Matters" makes it completly useless.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.