you have to use perl? I'll post some resources lata... but from my investigation, this is true.

Recommended Answers

All 17 Replies

I actually made a perl robot myself. I have it running on one of my linux boxes and it uses the Net::AIM and Chatbot::Eliza. You can IM it at devstarbot :) I think that aim bots can be used for more than just chatting. I want to implement some kind of remote administration through it, now that would be neat.

I actually made a perl robot myself.

And by "myself" he means with my help. ;-)

well, it was a joint effort, i'm not going to overcredit myself, buddy.

I remember the days of running eggdrops on irc... Somewhere I still have some of my old scripts, but unless everyone's on irc, they don't do much good :/

i had eggdrop running on my first linux box. it was so neat it just sat in a chan in irc.eskimo.com where i downloaded roms :) i thought i was all cool and stuff. untill i stopped using irc.... heh

hi, i am trying to make a bot myself. i was hoping to do this in php - but i see you used perl. i do not want an ai bot, i simply want to send a message to my aim name everytime something happens on a site. could you help me out at all?

Ive created some nice flash interfaces for AILm, which I sell on my site. The ebot basic costs $10. This is an Anime girl that you can use on your site. However, if you want access to the back end It costs $95. I have created skins for Marilyn Monroe, Frankenstein, a few dolly birds, a waiter cartoon . the site is www.a.i.thoughtstroke.com

Go to www.a.i.thoughtstroke.com/ebot_updater.html if you want to talk and buy a Marilyn chatbot. Hope this helps

I want to create a simple aim bot that gives me my schedule and the weather. does anybody kow of any programs, websites or anything to do that? And how do you get Net :: AIM? :?:

i want to create a bot too but 1 that is free.somone help.

exactly, all the free ones either don't work or they are just demos and they still dont work. has anybody been succesful with www.lots-a-bots.com ? cause that wasnt working for me

exactly, all the free ones either don't work or they are just demos and they still dont work. has anybody been succesful with www.lots-a-bots.com ? cause that wasnt working for me

No i have a freined who is prettey good and finding software for free wich works.

No i have a freined who is prettey good and finding software for free wich works.

i couldnt get any to work!

Hello Everybody,
I am a frehser in IT industry. My company has put me on a project where i need to build a bot for following purpose..
1. We will be having a list of Hotmail email accounts and there passwords
2. A bot will logon to an hotmail account from the list and will reply to all messages
3. The same thing will be repeted for all the email accounts in the list.
4. After finishing with all the email accounts in list, it will again get back to the first account and see if any replies are there..
5. If any replies are there the bot will reply them (this process will be followed for all the email accounts in the list)
6. If a person has replied twice he will be added to ignore list so that no more msgs are sent to him.
I dont know what to do? So can anybody help me? Where to start which language to use? How to do ?
Please Reply me. Your help will be a great contribution for my work...

Regards
Vishal

And by "myself" he means with my help. ;-)

Does Any 1 No How To Make A Bot For Gaiaonline.com I Need My Money Back I Got Hacked

DON'T download aim bots from other people most of them contain trojans or you have to do surveys to download which don't work and if they do its a fake.... just some helpful info

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.