What is better, Solaris Express or Solaris 10?

Is it like fedora/rhel

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Member Avatar for TKSS

Nope...they're not like Fedora. Yet they are at the same time.

Solaris is Unix. Unix is not linux. Libraries are incompatible...applications must be recompiled across the board.

Also, solaris is used in multiple processor configuration and it has management software and tools proprietary to Sun Microsystems that allow for better server management. I'm not saying it is better...just that it is different.

I learned Unix on Solaris 2.0 back in 1995 and I now am a Linux System Admin (have been for 5 years now). I wouldn't go back for anything.

I think what he meant is if the relationship between Solaris Express and Solaris 10 is comparable to the relationship between Fedora and RedHat.

yeah

I think what he meant is if the relationship between Solaris Express and Solaris 10 is comparable to the relationship between Fedora and RedHat.

And I also think that the relationship between Solaris and Fedora is similar to the relationship between Darwin (BSD) and Linux.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.