I just installed a new WD HDD. All I did was physicaly place the HDD in the computer and turn it on, now I'm getting this error. Imaged attached, any ideas? Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Thanks. Most of those errors and solutions happen after the system boots. I can't even get to the login screen without this error. If I unplug the new HDD everything works fine but as soon as I plug it in I get those ata errors. I probably purchased the HDD about a year ago but I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've ever used it, so it's pretty much brand new. I'm thinging that it's either a bad HDD or maybe it's using too much power along with the other two HDDs + one SSD.

In a pinch, I try some USB case to prepare the drive. As to power I rarely run into that as a run of the mill HDD takes at most 20 Watts. A good PC should have much more headroom or spare Watts.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.