I have done side by side install of Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.0.4. I have setup a third partition for all my files I will switch between (i.e documents, music, and video's). How do I setup the third hard drive so that I can open in it the terminal so compile programs using the g++ and emacs. So my files stay updated if decide to open it in windows 7.

Hope this makes sense.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I have done side by side install of Windows 7 and Ubuntu 10.0.4. I have setup a third partition for all my files I will switch between (i.e documents, music, and video's). How do I setup the third hard drive so that I can open in it the terminal so compile programs using the g++ and emacs. So my files stay updated if decide to open it in windows 7.

Hope this makes sense.

Hi.,

Let me say, u have three partitions in windows, C,D,E.

If u have installed ubuntu using option "Install inside windows", and used, "C" drive or ur Operating system drive for windows for ubuntu, then u can find all the files on the drive in the location : "/host/"

Specifically if u wanna use files stored in ur personal folder in windows, go to : "/host/users/USERNAME/"...

Or else, if u have installed ubuntu in an other drive, say "D" or "E", u can access all the files as mentioned...

Mount ur drive from "Places".u can access them easily

or go to computer in "places" and u will have access to all ur drive partitions. Hope u got it...

then u can change the path in ur terminal and use g++ or whatever u wanna do and files get updated so that u can use them when u go to windows..

With regards
vinaychalluru

Mount all drives in Linux share file with windows :
Open terminal type fdisk -l use this command see all windows partition's ,Which one you want to mount select this.

Like this
mount /sda/hdc1 /media

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.