I am currently running Ubuntu 6.10 (I hope that's the right number for Edgy Eft), and I had installed a Radeon x1650xt lately, and I am wondering if they're any drivers written for this operating system, and this video card. If so, how would I go about installing them, seeing how I haven't had much experience in installing drivers in Linux, and I've had cards that were 100% compatible with Ubuntu.

The issues I am experiencing are, on websites, my browser isn't smooth when browsing, and is very choppy. Video (using Flash) is fine from what I see, but I am having many issues with scrolling. Also, I would like to play some games, such as Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which requires OpenGL, but this isn't a must, when I can boot into Windows XP and play it from there.

11 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jbennet

Just download the Linux display drivers from ATI's site. The installation process should be relatively straight-forward, coming with an automated installer. If you have any problems post here.

Hope this helps

i think you can also install the drivers using something like Automatix of EasyUbuntu - They definately have the nVidia ones so it stands to reason that it shouldf work (also provides options for installing dvd/mp3 support etc...)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.