So any news on Apple's Tablet PC ideas?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

It'll run with an Intel chip, I bet. Maybe this will be the first offering of Apple's new hardwarecore?

Hi,

Anyone remember the Newton?

I saw one, but it didn't have any power. Just curious.

Christian

It's true. Although we've known for about a week now, Apple finally announced today they are ditching the IBM processor in favor of *gasp* Intel. Maybe they'll be just another Microsoft now? Who knows. Supposedly the full transition is going to take a couple of years.

I suspect it'll be at least 5 years before Apple is in a position to give up it's lucrative hardware market (which accounts for a significant portion of it's revenue) and take on the King of the Hill. But I do get the feeling that's where they're headed.

Anyone remember the Newton?

Quite well. I couldn't even get it to recognize my writing properly. At the time I thought, nice idea, bad implementation. Perhaps it's a bit before it's time. It'll be interesting to see if this type of gadget comes back.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.