So my next problem is what mac is right and reliable for me?
I will be using my mac for:
- Writing word/pages docs
- Programming in C++ , Objective-c , Java and more
- Game development
- Powerpoint/keynote presentations
- A little bit of PhotoShop
- Music and personal uses
- A little gaming on steam

So what mac is right for me, the most things I will be using on my mac is programming, Game development , Presintations , word processing and daniweb.
Please answer as fast as you can , my budget is 1350$.

Contributors
Replies
Views
3 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by fallout4player
Featured Replies

If you need portability, get a Macbook Pro - prices start at $1199. If you have a nice monitor and don't need portability, get a Mac Mini - prices range from $599 to $999. Then there is the integrated iMac - 21" models start at $1299. Here is a link … Read More

I think you could do that work all pretty well on a MacBook air.
Great battery life and super light!
The only thing that suffers a bit might be the gaming... but I think you should be fine. Maybe bump the ram for the Photoshop...

Go for Mac Mini, reliable easy to operate Mac system. I have one and use it for exactly what you do.

Mac Mini. You can go for a high configuration, and a good monitor.
A wireless keyboard/mouse will cost you $20. This will be cost effective and give you high performance

indeed, excellent post. thanks for the advice. this post obviously helpful all others. as like as i like the mac book pro. had you the Adequate money i also recommended you to buy macbook pro. if someone interested or anyone will staying with any kinds of apple product Best of luck for them.

Edited by deceptikon: Snipped spammy link

If you need portability, then get a MacBook Pro-price starts from $1299. It has 2.7 GHz of Processor, 128 GB of storage space and has in-built battery life of 10 hours.

Additionally, you can run Game development, Photoshop, and do other important personal stuff very easily.

I do all of that except for game development on my Macbook Air with no problems.

Given your stated usages, I'd suggest a 15" MBP with Retina display, with the optional 1TB SSD.

I bought a Macbook Air last year. It helped me a lot. Programming and playing games is so agreeable.

My wife is a physicist and her systems are all Mac's - a Mac Pro for work-type stuff, and iBook for gaming, internet, and such. Assuming you have a good monitor, keyboard, and mouse, then a mini is a good deal for the price.

the MacBook air ok is ok, upgrade the ram though. I have heard about something like external graphics.
look up the razoer blade stealth pc. it uses thunderbolt to connect to a external graphics card. who knows, this may work with a mac.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.