TWF 0 Newbie Poster

I have two networked Macs, a G4 Quicksilver and G5 iMac. Lately I've experienced worsening font problems. Some faces are losing functionality and disappearing from documents. I have two drives in my G4 running both OS9 and 10.4.11. Also my iMac drive runs the same.

The problem started when a Frutiger PS font in an OS9 document disappeared when opening the doc in Classic. In the Frutiger folder, I found the Light screenfont suitcase, along with the PS files for the other weights and styles. In OSX these other files could not be added to active fonts, leaving only the Light suitcase active. Same thing in OS9 now. The data forks for the other files seem to check out. I even bought a new font, same thing. The document's a mess.

I created an empty suitcase in OS9 to include the whole family but the only info on how to move the font files into this new suitcase is maddeningly vague. The original manual instructs me to move the new suitcase to the Fonts folder, then open the Resources folder on the drive and 'viola'. There are countless Resource folders in that system.

Some sites recommended downloading the old Font/DA Mover 4.1 from the Mac archives and it would work perfectly in OS9 and 10. I downloaded it only to find the 4.1 sea doc I unzipped unreadable with the error message that it cannot be opened because it cannot be scripted. How would I install it?

Is there any way to simply edit a suitcase?

Thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.