I have windows xp sp3 installed in my system with xp sp2....but i have real problem in my computer..i got once virus in my computer....after that i format it ....but it is not gone.....i think i got virus from pendrive.....whenever installing my xp i got virus.....i am using net...i used 4 types of different cd to install xp...but i cant rid it...i got them in one week.so please anyone can help me.......

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Post a HijackThis log in the virus & nasties forum

If when installing Windows you choose to format during setup then the virus files will be lost [not deleted, just lost]. A quick format will do the job. A Windows Repair will NOT rid your machine of the pest.
May i suggest doing an online Virus scan and then installing an antivirus resident service?
==Please use IE or Firefox to do an online scan at panda:- http://www.pandasecurity.com/activescan/index/
-First Register [otherwise there will be no disinfection, merely detection] with a valid email address for the free online virus scan and follow through.
Unlike Kaspersky this scan does not require Java.
Please ATTACH to your post the log it produces.

i done all the measure but i cant find out...i find virus only after my net slowdown..i think it will stealth in ram or harddisk.....so please me to get rid off it

i done all the measure but i cant find out...i find virus only after my net slowdown..i think it will stealth in ram or harddisk.....so please me to get rid off it

so you ran all the programs in the links above and still have problems .post the log generated by malwarebytes .

also it was suggested you run hijackthis and post a log in the spyware forum ,but you can post it here if you wish .get hijackthis here .
http://www.download.com/Trend-Micro-HijackThis/3000-8022_4-10227353.html

Please explain what you did when you did a fresh install 4 times or 4 types of CD.
Please post the log of Hijack this!

Post a detailed report

Go to:- www.majorgeeks.com/download3155.html download and run Hijack this. “Do not try to do any repairs yourself.” Save the report and send it with your next post along with any error logs.
To check error logs, go to “START” “RUN” type “eventvwr.msc” Click “OK” and check if there any errors in the logs. Include any information that could help:-
Send information that may help resolve your problem. Remember, no one here can see your PC; you are the only one that can tell someone else about the problem.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.