Hello.
:rolleyes: I am having a real problem with the unwanted programs running in my Ctrl+Alt-Del - End Task Window. I am not able to upgrade to an XP Version of Windows yet and am still using the ME version of Windows. :?:Can some one tell me how to delete those unwanted programs that were obviously downloaded inadvertently from the Internet. The End Task Window only deletes them temporarily and their presence is slowing my PC's operation signifigantly. I don't find them in Add/Remove Programs section of the Control Panel or the File Folders on the Hard Drive.
:confused: Ironically several more were downloaded as I upgraded my Ad-aware Spy protecton and the AVG Virus protection.
;) Thank you very much for any suggestions.
Fredra

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Welcome to Daniweb :)

You could try getting REG SEEKER and taking the stuff you dont want out of your STARTUP entries..

Its also the BEST reg cleaner i have ever found!! (1st time i ran it it removed over 800 entries!!)

REG SEEKER!!!!

Good luck :)

also get hijackthis, and post a log in the virus and spyware and other nastes section of this fourm .

Ironically several more were downloaded as I upgraded my Ad-aware Spy protecton and the AVG Virus protection.

True.

Some "anti-spyware" software actually infects you PC and reports that it found spyware. It reports the locations of where it is in reg. and on HD but you have to remove it manually or buy the software.

Hmm... Malicious software as the marketing trick....

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.