I just got put in charge of the Wireless network in the house I live (about 80 people live here) and I need to fix some of the problems we are having. We have 4 msm410 routers from procurve, but that is not really doing the job like they should be. I am trying to be able to walk around the house with my laptop to find every room and every area where the internet is dropping off or not preforming like it should be and then hopefully find a solution to our problem. The only thing I was able to find was AirMagnet which costs a few thousand dollars (I have a budget of $0). Can anyone recommend me some solutions or programs that I can use to accomplish this?

TIA

First thing I can think of is to make sure that your wireless transmitters are located at least 6 feet above the ground floor. Wireless uses a very high frequency and will interfere with it's self if the transmitters are near the floor.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.