Gerinako 0 Newbie Poster

Hey all,
I'm looking to launch my own web page fairly shortly, im currently finishing it off on the drawing board how i want it to look, and will shortly be moving on to designing it on the computer ready to launch.

However, as capable as i am at desigining the web page, im equally as hopeless at understanding how i put it on the internet. I've already decided what web address i want, and it is available to my knowledge as nobody wants it. (ends in .co.uk) however i will use other endings if necessary.

Yet what i need to know is, how do i buy that space, then launch it on the web?

I want to own this site you see when i launch it, and i dont want any banners placed on there, unless i choose to put them on.

Further more i will be having to do regular updates to it, most likely on a weekly basis. So if someone could give me a brief guide to how this is done and i'll figure the rest out myself. (Would it just be like a normal document? take it off, edit, repost? if so how?)

Furthermore, if i was to own that web address for example mywebaddress.co.uk, if i was to want a link to another page i.e. mywebaddress.co.uk/register or mywebaddress.co.uk/help as is often sseen, is there anything extra i need to do?

Thanks.

Yours Sincerely

Lee Holmes