Hi,
I have only 2 computers at home. My PC always there and my Laptop (connected when I'm at home).

My PC is connected to ADSL with USD and the LAN card is connected to a hub. I connect my Laptop to the hub too and share the internet connection with ICS.

The connections is not fast, I feel the difference between my main PC and the Laptop.

Is there a better solution ? Maybe install a proxy, router, or whathever.

Thanks
Fabio

Hi,
I have only 2 computers at home. My PC always there and my Laptop (connected when I'm at home).

My PC is connected to ADSL with USD and the LAN card is connected to a hub. I connect my Laptop to the hub too and share the internet connection with ICS.

The connections is not fast, I feel the difference between my main PC and the Laptop.

Is there a better solution ? Maybe install a proxy, router, or whathever.

Thanks
Fabio

Get a Wireless ADSL router with built in modem & a wirelss PCMCIA card or a USB adapter for your laptop if it hasn't got an onboard wireless card. This way you can just come home & connect with your laptop without having to use any cables. Your pc will be connected to the router via CAT5 Although you could put a wireless card in that aswell (bit pointless though). Make sure your pc has a NIC aswell it should do but check!:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.