Hi,
I am having a problem trying to open a PDF file. Ever time I attempt to open, Adobe Reader loads, but displays a rather cryptic error message:

There was an error opening this document. Access denied.

It's not a case of permissions, as I have administrative permission and can open all other PDFs on the server.

I cannot copy it or move it and it is being skipped over by the backup server.

All of this suggests to me that the file has become corrupted. Can anyone suggest a way of recovering this file without paying an outside vendor or using licensed software?

Update to the latest version of Adobe Reader, it is a known issue in Adobe Reader 10.0.

If that didn't work,

Open Adobe Reader --> Edit, then Preferences --> On the General Tab, uncheck Enable Protected Mode on startup --> On the Security (Enhanced) Tab, uncheck Enable Enhanced Security

It is usually not recommended as Adobe introduced this feature to prevent infecting your PC with malware hidden in PDF's. Use it only if you trust the source of the PDF. So, remember to re-enable this option after.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.