:p Hello, I'm a new member here, and in serious need of advice! :-| Well, here's the story... I'm off to college this fall and my plan is to major in Computer Science, and minor in both Math and IT. By the way, I've been wanting to do this since the age of 13, when I actually stumble on some qbasic book and started to read away out of boredom. :cheesy: Anyway, here's the problem; my dad seems to have other plans in mind for me (as if he's the one going to college). Well, he has a master's degree in IT, so he knows quite a bit about the computer industry. He says that he thinks I should do something in the pharmaceutical area, as such is where the health is these days. The thing is, I like physics, and I utterly hate chemistry, so pharmaceutical is definetely outta the question. :confused: But convincing him is the hard part. He argues that ther Computer Science industry isn't in the market right now, as it's fairly easy for people who are even just slightly obselete to get laid off. Is this true? And what other arguments can I consider? Then again, am I the crazy one for wanting what I want? ;) :?:

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

What do you think of bio computer industry .... it can fulfill both your like and your father's dream.

cyph, if you ever come back to this site, then my suggestion is to stick to your choice. Tell him that your doing what you love. At the end of the day, your interest and love of physics and IT will help you to progress farther. Just my thoughts.

You should do what you Love to do...should be the mantra of yours life...Never made choices of your life based on others term..even if he is your father...tell him frankly what you like most..he must understand and let you do what you want..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.