Hi! I'm new to this forum and the people here seem very knowledgeable.
I was wondering what the best way to go about making a RPG was. I'm new to programming, and I'd like to focus heavily on graphics, such as ones in Mabinogi of FlyFF (3D games). Are there any good beginner programs for this sort of game? There was an old thread from 2004 that listed a few, but they seemed lacking and outdated (I think one was from 1999).
Thanks to whoever takes the time to reply. :]

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you have Java programming experience or are a 3d modeller, etc you might want to check out Radakan http://radakan.org/ which is an open source 3d RPG being developed in Java. That way you don't have to be a jack of all trades and can focus on your specific area of expertise, because you'd be part of a larger team.

Just so you know developing an RPG is no easy task, and you are likely to fail if your working by yourself as a new programmer. I don't know how much experience you have in game design but working in a team or even just reading their forums would be a great way to increase your skills.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.