HI Guys,

Dont wanna brag about it but ive got this idea of designing a lets say movie rental website which will have a database.. idealy languages would be php and mysql.. but what i want to do is a similar website that is compatible for mobile phone.. like it can be viewed on a mobile phone.. im kind of confused on what to learn and how to start such project doesnt have to be movie rental website if u can help me or give me a different idea for finaly year coz this is a crap idea.. then give me a better idea im more into designing web based projects that will get me good grades..

Thanks for your time..

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Dont wanna brag about it but ive got this idea

[..blahblah..]

or give me a different idea for finaly year coz this is a crap idea..

I wouldn't 'brag' about a 'crap idea' either if I were you.

First of all: If you're in your final year, you should know how to write English. For example: 'im' != I'm etc. Click

Second: If you want some suggestions, use the enormous searchbox on the right side of the site and type "final year project"

This question is asked and answered a gazillion times before.

Look yh im not here to be judged on my english, i didnt know i was tested on my english i thought i would get some help big headed people like you dont even need to reply keep floating in the air i hear the weather is nice in netherlands for that sort of thing..

If ur not gona help dont bother replying with dutch comments.. :@

commented: Now you've confirmed that you're a fool. -2

i didnt know i was tested on my english

You're not. But using punctuation and capitals in your sentences is required to make them readable.

i thought i would get some help big headed people like you

My head is just average-sized, thank you very much :icon_wink:

i hear the weather is nice in netherlands for that sort of thing..

Yes it is actually. Sunny and 20 degrees C today as a matter of fact :)

If ur not gona help dont bother replying with dutch comments.. :@

I did help you actually. Did you bother to follow my advice? I wasn't kidding, this question is asked and answered more often then scooby-doo can say "jikes!' in an episode.

Just out of curiosity: What's a Dutch comment?

THe biggggg search box shows you people who want projects but im asking for help on my project idea if its worth doing it like would it be complicated to get high marks..

A dutch comment is? well basicly take the d from dutch put it in front of head add few more characters to it.. im kinda describing u here but i think your smart enough to understand my drift..

And perhaps you're smart enough to figure out why no one is going to help you with this, given the progress of this thread.

Well what do you expect you ask for help.. rathher than help this person just corrects you're typing panctuation.. it kinda gets on you're nervzzzzzzzzz.... if u dont have a clue then dont bother with smart comments.. isnt point of this to give suggestions and help out..??? now if u can help then help if not...

People won't want to waste their time giving help to somebody who won't put in a good effort in what they do -- so they think their help will be wasted. When you can't even put in the effort to write something with reasonable punctuation, it's a good rule of thumb that whatever time we spend thinking about your problems would go to waste, and that we had better spend our finite time worrying about other people.

Let me give you some proper advice.

A dutch comment is? well basicly take the d from dutch put it in front of head add few more characters to it.. im kinda describing u here but i think your smart enough to understand my drift..

I still don't know what the hell you're talking about, but I get this strong feeling that you're trying to insult me. Now with me that doesn't have consequences, because I'm a laid back kind of guy and I'll still try to help you. Other people might respond different if you "understand my drift".

Now back to your original post: What exactly is your question? Do you want to know how to build a website that displays on a mobile-phone? Or do you want a new topic?
If the first: We have a web-development-forum for that, you should ask your question there. If the second: what's wrong with the original idea, and what criteria should your project meet?

Well sorry for the earlier comment i was a bit p'd off... but because i was just expecting help..!! i didnt mean to insult you.. i apologise..

yes my question is to know how to build a website that displays on a mobile-phone.. and wondering if thats hard enough so it will get me good marks.. if its not then can anyone suggest a different idea which is hard but similar..

Thank you..

yes my question is to know how to build a website that displays on a mobile-phone.. and wondering if thats hard enough so it will get me good marks..

Most mobile-devices can show standard websites nowadays. So this is more a design-issue (small screen, no keyboard etc) then a programming issue. I don't know what kind of education you're following, but if it has to do with programming, this may not be good enough. But this also depends on what functionality you're planning to put in this site.
The mobile-factor in your assignment should get you some extra points, but not to much.

If your interest is the Design, then the mobilefactor is very important. Important points as
- how will I fit all the data on a small screen
- how will I design a UI that works with numpad only
rise.

If you have problems with the design of the website, I suggest you post your questions here

commented: More patient than the poster deserves. +12

hmm ok then i guess i dont have a good idea after all anyone has a good idea that i can get a good grade on like a website an application or some sort of challenging.. idea..?? plz urgently help needed....!!!

Help me with these ideas.. like how long do u think it will take to do.. and are they good enough??

1.Search engine.. in .net that searches for images of a certain person e.g pamela anderson.. ;) and it will only bring out her name.. etc..

2. media player in java..

3. movie rental system..

4. job search website.. where employee puts ad and people apply to it throught the website.. and they recieve internview date's addresses throught the webpage because you have to log in to apply for job and put a job up.. extra features welcomed?

These are ideas that i have come up with.. im realy thinking of the first one but isit complex.. and would it take 4-5 months??

Much appreciated for ur time..

I don't understand what you mean with idea 1? What is the input and what is the output?

what i mean is like you go onto the search engine.. you enter pamela anderson.. and it will bring pictures of her up.. similar to google.. similar to bigsnapsearch.com. but maybe with more features.. if any ideas given.. welcomed.. ? what do you think i should do with these ideas?? which one would you prefer i kind of have a liking to the search engine because i can carry it on after uni maybe.. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.