Hi to all
I have just joined this lovely community today. I was wondering if someone would be willing to help out a newbie gal with a pseudocode problem....
Basically I am trying to write some pseudo code for the following problem
- A company has some data for each month for five years which = 60 integers
(12 integers for each year)
- A program must prompt the user to input the data and warn if the data is not an integer
- The program must calculate the average for each year and display it for each year (e.g. year 1, year 2, year 3, year 4, year5)
I have come with the following but am not sure if it's correct - I can see 2 flaws
1. There are 5 wasteful loops which capture virtually the same information
2. Also I feel that perhaps I should use an array to store the 60 integers
Integer i, yr1, yr2, yr3, yr4, yr5
// Loop to get values of Year 1
Display “Enter values for Year 1 as integers
IF value = integer THEN
Display “Confirm data entry finished
Display “Values entered not integers, re-enter as integers
i = i+1
// The value Yr 1 is equal to the sum of the values of all the months for Year 1
Yr1 = sum of i1+i2+ i3 +i4+i5+i6+i7+i8+i9+i10+i11+i12
// Call procedure to calculate average for Year 1, procedure is at end of program
Call Average (yr1)
Display “Average growth for Year 1 is + Average
// The program continues with another 4 loops same as the one above to capture the data for each year.
// I didn't include the four other loops in my example because I thought that this is a lot of repitition
Procedure to calculate Average for each year
AVERAGE (integer yr)
AVERAGE = yr/12
Any advice would be very much appreciated.
Thank you in advance....