:!: I am tryin to convert latitudes and longitude values from degrees to binary. Does any one know of a method to do this. I am having a hard time with it. I have a plane trackin software that only intakes 429 signals. And am trying to move it around by inputing different signals, but it doesnt seem tohelp.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

:!: I am tryin to convert latitudes and longitude values from degrees to binary. Does any one know of a method to do this. I am having a hard time with it. I have a plane trackin software that only intakes 429 signals. And am trying to move it around by inputing different signals, but it doesnt seem tohelp.
Any assistance will be appreciated.

What do you mean, 'binary'? I don't know of any units of angle measurement called binary.

Wouldn't your data already be represented in binary, because that's how everything in a computer is represented?

What do you mean, 'binary'? I don't know of any units of angle measurement called binary.

Wouldn't your data already be represented in binary, because that's how everything in a computer is represented?

The input to be given to this software are using binary numbers, that is 1 and 0. This is a 429 data bus ( dont know how many of you know of that) It is the data bus used to transfer signals to and fro from onboard avionics system on the aircraft. Now suppose i have a lat = 31.998 degrees, and I need to import it in to binary format. It has to be 0010011 or something to that effect. I need a software/or program that can conver this. Tried a cpl of methods but they arenot working, cause the answers are not matching to the trial value that I have.
Thanx for the answer

The input to be given to this software are using binary numbers, that is 1 and 0. This is a 429 data bus ( dont know how many of you know of that) It is the data bus used to transfer signals to and fro from onboard avionics system on the aircraft. Now suppose i have a lat = 31.998 degrees, and I need to import it in to binary format. It has to be 0010011 or something to that effect. I need a software/or program that can conver this. Tried a cpl of methods but they arenot working, cause the answers are not matching to the trial value that I have.
Thanx for the answer

You don't know what format the onboard system expects the binary numbers to be in?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.