Hi,

I have been trying in vain for a few weeks to implement the Eigenface algorithm for Face Recognition. It is the technique based on Turk and Pentland's paper. I am working in VC++6. Although I know the steps involved in this algorithm, I am finding it difficult to realise this theory.
Do I have to use some library to convert a raw image in to an array of numbers representing pixel intensities? If so, how does one extract the eigenface from each image in that new format?
I would be extremely grateful if someone has been successful in implementing the eigenface algorithm. I would appreciate any help,

Regards,
Bullseye.

Hi,

I have been trying in vain for a few weeks to implement the Eigenface algorithm for Face Recognition. It is the technique based on Turk and Pentland's paper. I am working in VC++6. Although I know the steps involved in this algorithm, I am finding it difficult to realise this theory.
Do I have to use some library to convert a raw image in to an array of numbers representing pixel intensities? If so, how does one extract the eigenface from each image in that new format?
I would be extremely grateful if someone has been successful in implementing the eigenface algorithm. I would appreciate any help,

Regards,
Bullseye.

try to see this..they were done using eigenface algorithm..now we used their thesis for our thesis as a source of data..may i ask for a help if we are in need?

http://bufcteam.wordpress.com/

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.