there a way to get this info about my tables in a text file or anything that can be copy paste . i have many tables so i cant write them one by one?

Properties
DateCreated: 08/05/2007 11:38:58 PM DefaultView: Datasheet
GUID: {guid {A79F9FC7-D630- LastUpdated: 09/05/2007 12:18:31 AM
47FB-A227-EB5202999268}}
NameMap: Long binary data OrderByOn: False
Orientation: Left-to-Right RecordCount: 5
Updatable: True
Columns
Name Type Size
ISBNNumber Long Integer 4
Quantity Double 8
Table Indexes
Name Number of Fields
PrimaryKey 1
Clustered: False
DistinctCount: 5
Foreign: False
IgnoreNulls: False
Name: PrimaryKey
Primary: True
Required: True
Unique: True
Fields:
ISBNNumber Ascending

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

If you are using MS Access (not just he mdb file)
Look in "database tools > data documentor" here you can generate reports on your database schema (properties). When you have created your report, right click it and choose export from the context menu. You should be good to go. I tried it using MS Access 2007, not sure about the export in earlier versions.

Looks like Access 2003 and earlier don't have that feature, and there are multiple Office Marketplace apps for sale.

Looks like Access 2003 and earlier don't have that feature, and there are multiple Office Marketplace apps for sale.

Don't have what feature? The documenter is available in 2000 to 2007 I know that as I have them.

Don't have what feature? The documenter is available in 2000 to 2007 I know that as I have them.

Well, I went looking for it in 2003 following the directions the gent who mentioned the documenter used. Would you be so kind as to note the keypress sequence you use to invoke it, for I don't find it in 2003 and looked through the menus for it.

That would be:

TOOLS > ANALYZE > DOCUMENTER

That would be:

TOOLS > ANALYZE > DOCUMENTER

Bob's right. I THOUGHT I was looking in the right place, but I wasn't.

My apologies, and big thanks to Bob.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.