I created a form in Access. I would like to put up the form on our website so people can enter their information. We need to review the data before they get into our database.
I am actually stuck about how to publish the form. I thought it was an easy thing, but I guess not... I tried to export it as an html but what I got was not the form (but something like the fields in one row).
Or should I create the form in PHP? But then how do I connect it with our database? We have to reenter the data. (I thought the data could go into the database fro the web but would be marked as not reviewed.)

Any help appreciated. (And sorry if I asked something stupid!)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Connecting to access with php is very simple. You will need to be able to access the IIS control panel to set things up. Otherwise you need to talk to the server admin to set an ODBC Connection for you. Also, make sure that the db is on the web server.

1.) Create an ODBC Connection. Here are instructions.
2.) Establish a connection through php (See the above link for more in depth examples):

<?php
$conn=odbc_connect("DSN","" ,"");//Replace DSN with your Data Source Name created in step 1
?>

Good luck!

So what you are saying is that I should (re) create the form in PHP? And suggesting using MySQL instead of Ms Access??
I can't find my IIS but I am pretty sure it can be installed (I am at a university).

Thanks a lot for your help!

Oh OK I think I can use MySQL from Microsoft Access... :)
Sorry I am a complete newbie!

I would go with PHP and MySQL, however it's all up to you. PHP and Access will work fine as long as the site doesn't receive a lot of traffic.

I would go with PHP and MySQL, however it's all up to you. PHP and Access will work fine as long as the site doesn't receive a lot of traffic.

No, we don't expect having a lot of traffic on the site.

I am still pretty much clueless, but I will keep in mind your reply and do my research of how to do these.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.