Hi!

I am trying to use MS access to develope a database which can store "Multiple choice questions and options " as input. And out put shold be taken randomly from the database and it should prepare a word file.

But I am a physics lecturer. I have a less knowledge over the data fields of Acess. Which data field will allow me to store Equations and Small BMP pictures as input?

Please help me at <snipped>

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Store pictures in an OLE type field.

Do you want to display the formula, or execute it?

Hi - I usually don't store images in the database. I find the most effective solution is to store location references in Access, then use ShellExecute in my VB project to boot a slected file (using its Windows file association), or if using my own picture box, or IE, then boot that and load the specific file based on the image location.

I have developed sftware that builds quizzes using random questions from a store of questions. If you want more information about this, just contact me.

Regards

Yes Robohort...
I am trying to develope the software to develope quiz only. It should contain a question in which some times questions along which equations should come inline with the text.
And equation OR picture is just to be displayed. It need not to be solved.

Regards

Store pictures in an OLE type field.

Do you want to display the formula, or execute it?

Thanks for the replay.
I want it to be displayed only. It is not necessary to solve it.

Regards

Use the OLE type to display an image. You can put a one pixel image in for a nonimage question if the process needs an image. Create an image of the equation using Word and Ctrl-PrintScreen. Paste the clipboard into MS paint (in the Accessories folder in Programs).

If you have Access, you have Word. But you might have to install the equation extension, if it wasn't installed when you installed Word. It's on your Office disks.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.