I had my site working which require mysql database... so now im trying to host that site here at home... my site comes up but now on the top of the main site 3 errors come up...

Warning: mysql_pconnect() [function.mysql-pconnect]: Access denied for user 'milatcom_clipsha'@'localhost' (using password: YES) in /www/www.mysitesname.com/include/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 227

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/www.mysitesname.com/include/function.php on line 565

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /www/www.mysitesname.com/include/function.php on line 565

thanx,
vinny

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You are providing an invalid mysql username password or the mysql user does not have priviliges to connect to the database.

i had this site working with a web hoster now im trying to get it up and running on my home web server, running mac os x server... i got mysql running... and i have a backup database file from my old web hoster... its a .sql file.... im guessing i have to restore it... how exactly would i go on doing that??

If you have created .sql file with mysqldump or exported via phpMyAdmin, simply type the following command on command prompt

mysql -uMYSQL-USERNAME -p database_name < database.sql

Replace MYSQL-USERNAME with a valid mysql username. On hitting enter, it will ask for Mysql username password.

After importing the data, create a valid username which can access your site database. Provide this username and password in your site connection parameters.
Read this page for detail information about exporting and importing .sql files.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.