how can i create a database for a medical record maintenance system for an institution?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Well you should find out what sort of data database like this hold. If this is a work job you should discuse what data they need to keep and then you have to work out table arangment. If this is school project take a guess or you may try to discus with your GP if he/she is happy t tell you such information

how can i create a database for a medical record maintenance system for an institution?

create database medical_records;

Hope this helps.

Hi, thanks for the interest but this is a personal practice project. some of the things that the system should include are a knowledge based system, which will automatically identify familiar illnesses. if a patient has been having check ups regularly and his/her records are recorded in this system, it should be able to tell the nurse/doctor/clinic officer the probable illness that the patient has...

Well I would consider to be based on 3 tables (4 if you looking for different permissions for stuff like nurse can only search and view records, doctor can search, view, edit and create new record)
Table 1 - patients personal details (unique patient ID, DOB, contact details, basic medical records such weight, height, eyes check, alergies or any disabilities)
Table 2 - regular checks (unique patient ID plus what ever medical procedures taken/given that can work as foreign key for you)
Table 3 - illnessrecord (unique patient ID, illness descriptions, any prescrioptions, possible next check)

This is sort of things you looking for in general, if you want to get deeper in given problem you would have to reaserch on what sort of records instituson is interested to store

thanks guys.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.