How to use Data base connectivity in c++, files are not very useful..

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

How to use Data base connectivity in c++, files are not very useful..

Depends on which technology you want to use. ODBC, ADO, DAO, OLE DB? You have to be more specific. If you want to use ADO, let me know and I'll try to post some stuff. :lol:

using either oracle or sql , not much knowledge of odbc etc..

using either oracle or sql , not much knowledge of odbc etc..

I can't really help until you have a better grasp on what you want to do

I can't really help until you have a better grasp on what you want to do

I need to know about odbc connectivity , can c++ use all kinds of data base connectiviteis .

I need to know about odbc connectivity , can c++ use all kinds of data base connectiviteis .

As far as I know, C++ can use all kinds of db connectivity. I prefer to use ADO myself. ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) allow you to connect to just about any data source, but with an easier interface than using ODBC. The specific technologies you spoke aboujt earlier were only pieces of the puzzle that didn't seem like you knew how they fitted together. Usually, if you're using a technology like Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL, that is just your back-end that holds the actual database. SQL is the set of commands and syntax used through ODBC to perform the operations on the data at that back end. ADO, DAO, and OLE DB are higher level interfaces for working with ODBC.

As far as I know, C++ can use all kinds of db connectivity. I prefer to use ADO myself. ADO (ActiveX Data Objects) allow you to connect to just about any data source, but with an easier interface than using ODBC. The specific technologies you spoke aboujt earlier were only pieces of the puzzle that didn't seem like you knew how they fitted together. Usually, if you're using a technology like Oracle, SQL Server, or MySQL, that is just your back-end that holds the actual database. SQL is the set of commands and syntax used through ODBC to perform the operations on the data at that back end. ADO, DAO, and OLE DB are higher level interfaces for working with ODBC.

thanks very much mr.bdiamond .

can u give the code that how u r using c++ to connect to database

thanks very much mr.bdiamond .

commented: Yet another pointless "me too" bump of a thread many years old - do you really think some of those people even care about your "gimme gimme" post? -1

I too need to use either sqlserver or Mysql with c++.I have done my project with files but I have no idea at all about how to connect with these databases.And I dont have much experience of using ODBC or ADO.Just used ODBC once long time back with VB which was indeed very easy.I am just asking for some suggestions where to start afresh.Found a couple of links by googling but not of much use.Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.