As a beginner, after creating tables, what is the next step?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

what you want to do with the tables ?

After having done that hard job shutdown server is badly necessary !

what you want to do with the tables ?

Pls, I just created tables in SQL and interface in VB. Waht next? I am new in programming

Pls, I just created tables in SQL and interface in VB. Waht next? I am new in programming

Why do you answer question with a question? You been asked what you trying to do with your database (view/edit/add/delete/compare data) or any other action for which database can be used... So what is your task or target?

Why do you answer question with a question? You been asked what you trying to do with your database (view/edit/add/delete/compare data) or any other action for which database can be used... So what is your task or target?

Thank you for your comment, pls I want to add staff to my database. Help me. Urgent.

Pls I want to add staff to my database. Urgent pls

Do you actualy care to explain your task properly??????????????????????
The "add staff to my database" can be done manualy or programaticaly with use of programming or scripting language. So explain what you want to do or I drop case, beside being urgent to you it is not urgent to me!

Hi
you may start SQL Server Management Studio (If you are using SQL server Express you can download SQL Server Management Studio separately) an then create staff table, enter some rows, for example:

-- create the table
create table staff (
staffID integer not null,
fname varchar(50),
lname varchar(50),
job varchar(20),
salary decimal(8,2),
primary key (staffID) );

-- Add some rows to your table
insert into staff (staffID, fname,  lname, job, salary)
  values (1789, 'George', 'Washington', 'CEO', 10000);

values (1801, 'Thomas', 'Jefferson', 'Fighter', 10000);

values (1841, 'John', 'Tyler', 'Whig', 10000);

values (2001, 'George W.', 'Bush', 'Rep', 10000);

-- Select all staff members
select * from staff;

-- Who was first staff member?
select top 1 * from staff order by staffID

Ok, these are some SQL statements to generate staff table interactively by using Management Studio. You can also integrate all above SQL statements into your VB program.
You need to read a book or a tutorial how to do that. (I myself only know c++ and java, no vb knowledge here)

krs,
tesu

Mr tesuji you are so fantastic. Pls VB.net guys to take over from this excellent response that has helped me to get to this stage. I am grateful to everybody also Peter_budo, moderator and the rest of us. Kudos.

Sorry, missed that VB in the process of reading other threads. Here are some examples for VB.NET in regards of databases

Thank you. Let me study more and get back to you later. Pls be ready to respond as soon as possible. Cheers

Thank you. Let me study more and get back to you later. Pls be ready to respond as soon as possible. Cheers

1. I have no idea about VB at all, I'm Java fannboy and consider VB to be crap
  2. Pls be ready to respond as soon as possible - is rather arogant to say, each of us have their own life and we did not sign any contract to be here 24/7, therefore you not asked to pay for advice
  1. I have no idea about VB at all, I'm Java fannboy and consider VB to be crap
  2. Pls be ready to respond as soon as possible - is rather arogant to say, each of us have their own life and we did not sign any contract to be here 24/7, therefore you not asked to pay for advice

OK. I'm sorry. I've withdrawn the statement. I only addressed a family. I need assiatance in VB.NET.

then create new post in Software Development > VB.NET section. And please give a proper problem description, not the one line statements like in this case

you can make your table managible by giving some constraint keys to the columns.
and you can store your data within your table.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.