I have a JSP that works with an Oracle 9i database.

On my local windows workstation (using Tomcat) where I developed the JSP the application processes very quickly working with the Oracle database. The JSP application on the Production Intranet web server (Tomcat) connecting to the same Schema processes very slow many times during the day.

There is only one user for the application and I dont understand why the same application using the same database runs so much slower on the production server compared to my local workstation.

Please advise?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

hard to say. Network problems, poorly configured connection pools, poorly written code that doesn't release database connections (most likely).

That might be because of some network issue. this is only my guess.

hard to say. Network problems, poorly configured connection pools, poorly written code that doesn't release database connections (most likely).

Thanks, the interesting part it always lightning fast speed on my local workstation and on some days like today it is fast on the Production server even when I have many hits on it today. On other days it is slow on the Production server but again very quick on my local workstation every day. Still could be poorly written database connection or Network issue?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.