Hi all,

I am currently doing an application using MS Access 97 as front-end GUI, connecting to a back-end Oracle server. The Oracle server version is 9.x.

Now I wanna use integrated security so that I won't need to enter the username/password every time I start my application. The problem now is that the Oracle server is in a unix server, and I don't know
1) How to configure Oracle so that it accepts integrated security,
2) How to connect to Oracle from the my application.

I have been doing research on this for long but without solutions.
Anyone, any suggestions?

Thank you very much.

Regards,

reuifdjk

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by reuifdjk

You can't use Windows security, you'll have to hardcode the user name and password somewhere.
Nige

Please findout the details here

Thanx for your link. But what I need is the configuration of the Oracle database server, not the connection string. :'(

You can't use Windows security, you'll have to hardcode the user name and password somewhere.
Nige

What do you mean by Windows security?
What I wanna know is how to use the integrated security feature of Oracle. And the Oracle is in a unix server, the application is in a windows os.

Any more suggestions?

Thanx for all the help.

I have configured how to do this following the steps:

1. Set OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX:
SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET OS_AUTHENT_PREFIX = "" SCOPE=SPFILE;

2. Set REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT:
SQL> ALTER SYSTEM SET REMOTE_OS_AUTHENT = TRUE SCOPE=SPFILE;

3. For Windows servers, set in the "%ORACLE_HOME%\network\admin\sqlnet.ora" file:
SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES= (NTS)

4. Restart database.

5. Create the users.
SQL> CREATE USER xx INDENTIFIED EXTERNALLY;

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.