hi,

i have a table called exam,
it has following columns
-----------------------------------------------------------------
| ID | QUESTION | OPTION_1 | OPTION_2 | OPTION_3 |
-----------------------------------------------------------------

now I've normalized it and put the exam options in another table called 'exam_option' table which keeps these options in rows instead of columns. Since i have a lots of data i want to put this information in my new table. Is there anyway to create such query whihc can do that.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Hi

This is a very simple standard task you always have to solve, if one-to-many related tables need to get together. Is that not related to your other nice thread, E-commerce data design issue of May 12th, 2008, what is still dangling about?

krs,
tesu

Hi

This is a very simple standard task you always have to solve, if one-to-many related tables need to get together. Is that not related to your other nice thread, E-commerce data design issue of May 12th, 2008, what is still dangling about?

krs,
tesu

No its for my different project. I figured out the E-commerce problem with your and others help. Actually the system grew into a whole inventory managements system so lots of option became a part of SKUs and some options were actually products offered in package with other products. By the way thank you for your help.

Well i've retrieved and inserted my data through php script. Still any way though SQL will be appreciated.

Thank You!
Daniyal

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.