I was wondering if someone could help me a bit here. Im trying to
desing an electronic university students enrollement system.
The system requirements are as follows:
1.Students can enroll themself for 1 or more courses. And a course can be taken from 1 or more students.
2. There are 2 levels of courses. Level 1 is a course of 1 day and level 2 is a course of 5 days.
3. The students will be divided in groups. So 1 students can be in 1 or more groups and a group can consist of 1 or more students.
4. Teacher can teach 1 or more courses but a course can only be given by 1 teacher.
5. The course will end with an exam.
6. The students can take the exam only if they attend to the minimum required days of the course. If a student is taken a level 1 course, they must attend 1 day to the course. If a student is taken a level 2 course, they must minimum attend 3 days of the course.
7. Students that passed the exam must receive an diploma.
The relationships between student and course is a many to many relationship, so i introduced a table between them that i called course enrollment that have as PK student_id and course_id.
The relationship between student and group I also introduced a table between them that I called StudentsGroup and I set student_id and group_id as PK.
The relationship between Group and Course I have it as a 1 to many relationship, because 1 course can be given to many groups, ( example the course Basic of Accounting can be given to Group A and Group B) But in a group can only 1 course be given. (example in Group A can only Research be given)
The relationship between teacher and course i have as 1 to many.
And I have a entity named Level that has as attributes level_id and level_description that is attached to the attribute level_id in the course entity/table.
Now I don't know where do I have to put the attendance issue and the level requirements issue to fit in the erd.
Could someone PLEASE HELP ME with this erd.