We've recently developed a complicated relational MYSQL database which, on a data storage level, is working really well. Unfortunately, in terms of being able to sort and edit sometimes very large data reports, our front end interface (a custom built work in progress) often scores a relatively unimpressive "C-". Complicating the situation is the fact that I don't think our otherwise brilliant tech 'guy' is quite understanding the level of functionality we need.

Because I'm a newbie at this, I don't know the best way to direct him. Ideally, I want the editorial functionality of MS Access with the multi-user user stability of MYSQL. Does anyone have any suggestions? ... Anyone? ... Anyone? ...

We've recently developed a complicated relational MYSQL database which, on a data storage level, is working really well. Unfortunately, in terms of being able to sort and edit sometimes very large data reports, our front end interface (a custom built work in progress) often scores a relatively unimpressive "C-". Complicating the situation is the fact that I don't think our otherwise brilliant tech 'guy' is quite understanding the level of functionality we need.

Because I'm a newbie at this, I don't know the best way to direct him. Ideally, I want the editorial functionality of MS Access with the multi-user user stability of MYSQL. Does anyone have any suggestions? ... Anyone? ... Anyone? ...

You know my man, Im gonna tell you a small story. MySQL is probably 1 of THE best database youll ever come accross anywhere. I dont cae about any other simp0le because not only its the best in my opinion, but the far most easiest to create also.

So, this biols it down too, people will not simple ever tack the time to explain MySQL toyou because the database is so big. and it can grow rapidly depending on how much your really trying to get into it. So my suggestion is to get into your phpmyadmin and make a database called, "test."

Once youve made that then just go in your database and create your first table called, " Blog." or whatever you want it to be. Then just look around how simple that was. Then study the area and fiunctions it and you cn do to enhance your site or community or page(s) with this. It is easy once you just play around in your database just learning. Then eventually itll grow on your and youll then begain to understand some or most concepts of what it is, and how it works. :mrgreen:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.