Hi All,

Could anyone suggest us how to check the Time in the Database when an Order get injected into the Oracle data base as of now i am able to see only the date , but inorder to know the time when i got generated can anyone help me?

Regards
krish

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Hi ,

Any updates !!

I'm not quite sure that this is what you are after but I would suggest that there would be a date field in the order table and this

SYSDATE, 'DD-MON-YYYY HH:MI:SS'

could be used to store the date and time. Not sure entirely how it works though. I'm sure someone could tell you much better than I have but there seems to be nobody here if you have gone 12 hours without a reply to such a simple question!

Hi Roybut,

Thank you for your response.But i am using the same format while querying but i am only able to get the date and not the exact time.

Below is the query i used

SELECT sequence_id,
  created_ts 
   FROM xmluser.seq_api_message_in
  WHERE created_ts >= to_date ('12-08-2009 12:44:00','dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')
   and   created_ts <= to_date ('12-12-2009 20:00:00','dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss')
ORDER BY sequence_id

Please advice me!!

Regards
krish

that depends on what is stored in the database table .

Are you storing both data and time in the database ? Data data type can store both data and time into a single field. You need not store them separately. But if you are storing only date not time ,you may not retrieve that.

Hi debasisdas,

Thank you for your response , i am not storing any date or time in database .I just want to see the timestamp of the value inside the table which was injected during Testing .

I have made changes in DATE value as dd-mm-yyyy hh24:mi:ss in tools-->preferences -->NLS parameter .

Now i am able to see the Date and Time for a particular value inside the table

Thank all of you for quick response!!

Regards
krish

You are most welcome.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.