hi,everyone
my name uma,I use powerbuilder with mysql and have some problem.I have a table that have 2 primary key first a character and second a numeric.I create a datawindow that has 2 argument(primary key) for retrieve data.if second argument(numeric) has value more than 9 the datawindow can't retrieve data.I don't know why?who can help me? thank you. :cry:

Member Avatar for lambert

Hello Uma,
I have the same problem. I am working with Powerbuilder 8 and 10 with MySQL 5.0.4 with MyODBC 3.51.12 (the latest, still in test) By the way, this version of MyODBC solves a problem in Powerbuilder 10 with the datatype TIME, in Powerbuilder 8 you don't have that problem.

The only workaround that I found out for the retrieve problem is to change the retrieval argument from number to string, the retrieves are now going fine. I am not happy with the solution, but it works.

By the way I don't know how to find a way to let Powerbuilder know when in the database a column has datatype Decimal that it is a decimal and not a char() and the datatype Text is for Powerbuilder a char(-1). :cry:

Do you have the same problem?

Greetings Steven

hi,everyone
my name uma,I use powerbuilder with mysql and have some problem.I have a table that have 2 primary key first a character and second a numeric.I create a datawindow that has 2 argument(primary key) for retrieve data.if second argument(numeric) has value more than 9 the datawindow can't retrieve data.I don't know why?who can help me? thank you. :cry:

By the way I don't know how to find a way to let Powerbuilder know when in the database a column has datatype Decimal that it is a decimal and not a char() and the datatype Text is for Powerbuilder a char(-1).

Try this:

ls_type = dw_1.describe(ls_col1 + '.Coltype')

ls_type can be:

'number'
'char'
'decimal'

Try to see help for more. HOpe this helps.

By the way i also has a problem connecting to mysql for my first time.

I am using PB 6.5 with Sybase as my BackEnd, I am trying to use and connect to MySQL Server but got an error "[MySQL AB][MyODBC]ERROR : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client " during ODBC connection, does someone encounter the same error message? What do you mean by that error. Please enlighten my mind.
I am very much open for any suggestion or ideas, please help!

Thanks,
Raul

Hi.

I have the same problem, with an argument. Only change the column datatype to decimal. I'm using pb10

Bye.

Try this:

ls_type = dw_1.describe(ls_col1 + '.Coltype')

ls_type can be:

'number'
'char'
'decimal'

Try to see help for more. HOpe this helps.

By the way i also has a problem connecting to mysql for my first time.

I am using PB 6.5 with Sybase as my BackEnd, I am trying to use and connect to MySQL Server but got an error "[MySQL AB][MyODBC]ERROR : Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server;
consider upgrading MySQL client " during ODBC connection, does someone encounter the same error message? What do you mean by that error. Please enlighten my mind.
I am very much open for any suggestion or ideas, please help!

Thanks,
Raul

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.