konczuras 0 Junior Poster in Training

Hello, I've got some weird database issue, and I can't figure it out myself, so I'd like to ask for your help.
My problem is the following:

I've a working ASP.NET solution which relies on a MSSQL 2008 database, Express Edition. Now, I'm working on a WPF version of the same app, so I've copied an instance of the database to my development machine, for testing my developing app in real-world circumstances.

It had worked for a while, but recently, after copying the database again (like I did quite a lot of times), suddenly I wasn't able to modify the database, and got the error message, when I tried to modify it, running the app from Visual Studio:

Failed to update database "C:\SQL\PARADATA.MDF" because the database is read-only.

I'm attaching it form my app. First, I checked the access rights, and granted full rights to everybody (just to make sure it works). Now, when I attached again, got the same error message, went back to the access rights, and noticed that my recently added rights were gone. I run another circle, and the same thing happened.

I'm not able to modify it from SSMS also, first it shows up as a read-only database (grayed out), then, when I set it to writable, update it, and nothing happens, but I don't receive any error message in this case.

So, if anyone would be able to help, I'd really appreciate it. But the key issue here is (as I think) what happened between two usual database copy-paste which had caused this..
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.