Hello all~

Currently I am writing an ESL book that is a compilation of modern day terms/phrases in American English. I have put all of the information that I have gathered into an excel file and would like to search the internet for examples of the terms/phrases used to include in the book.

My problem is that I do not want to have to manually type in each term/phrase. I am wondering if there is anyway that I can use a prog./application that will automatically take the information from my excel file and plug it into a search engine that will then extract the appropriate information and then re-import it back into an excel file? I am not very computer literate, so please excuse me for my ignorance.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alex

To begin with, you can save the file not only as the native .xls format but also in many other formats such as .csv for example.

You could import this .csv file to the database which you are using to store information to be queries by the search engine.

Hello all~

Currently I am writing an ESL book that is a compilation of modern day terms/phrases in American English. I have put all of the information that I have gathered into an excel file and would like to search the internet for examples of the terms/phrases used to include in the book.

My problem is that I do not want to have to manually type in each term/phrase. I am wondering if there is anyway that I can use a prog./application that will automatically take the information from my excel file and plug it into a search engine that will then extract the appropriate information and then re-import it back into an excel file? I am not very computer literate, so please excuse me for my ignorance.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Alex

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.