i have an access table that contains the following: ID Number, Store Number, Sales Region, Item Number, Item Description, Unit Price, Units Sold and Week ending. One of the queries requires us to find the best selling products by quantity and another by units sold. I'm confused on the formula to find the best selling product by quantity. At first I thought i could find the quantity by having one field set with the Item Description and just do an expression like this: Quantity: Sum([Units Sold]). When i did the run, i came up with the same answer for both queries...Can somebody help? Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

units sold is the quantity which is why you are getting the same answer. are you sure the problem is not best selling products by price and quantity.

You might be right. All i know is he gave us a list of queries we should have and Best selling products by quantity and another one called best selling products by units sold was given.

units sold is the quantity which is why you are getting the same answer. are you sure the problem is not best selling products by price and quantity.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.