rje7 2 Junior Poster in Training

I am trying to implement object inheritance with oracle 10g express. What i have done so far is created some types and subtypes. And some tables based on those types and sub types. So far i have understood that the subtypes inherit the attributes and methods from its super types.

But is there a way to inherit the attribute values from the object table of the super type to the object table of the sub type?
For example: The object O1 , explicitly labeled with (sIPO1 , wIPO1) , also inherits the intended purpose (sIPT 1 wIPT 1) from T1 . Similarly, the object O3 inherits the intended purposes from T3 , O1 and T1 . Note, however, that O2 , which is not labeled, inherits the intended purpose from T2 , but not from O1 nor T1 , as the intended purposes are not inherited through the reference-of relation.

a visual of the above description http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/1YBAQbCMQMBmd8oyw9SyNw?feat=directlink

How can the types and objects be labeled as mentioned above? And how can these labels be made inheritable by the subtypes and objects based on those subtypes?

Possible Solution
Only way which i could think of is using relational tables, like this: type_label(type_name, label1, label2) and a similar table table_label(table_name, label1, label2) for labeling the object tables. Then refer to these labels through some java programming. Will this be a right approach. I doubt that this will defeat the very intentions of the object database. And i hope there is a straight solution in Object Relational methods instead of java programming.

nested tables and vararrays... will using them help solving the above problem some how?