hi,

how to export a table from sql*plus to an secondary memory like
cd ,floppy or hard disk. I challeneged with my friend I will tell u in a
week. if anybody knows please give the commands and what i need to do after creating a table in sql*plus. I am using oracle 8i software.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

spool c:\anywhere\you\want\file.txt

SELECT *
FROM sql_statement;

spool off

Then you can go to that directory and open it in notepad, or open it in Microsoft Excel and format it.

spool c:\anywhere\you\want\file.txt

SELECT *
FROM sql_statement;

spool off

Then you can go to that directory and open it in notepad, or open it in Microsoft Excel and format it.

then what is the use of export and import commands?

Do u want to take database backup or just copy the data to a text file ?

If u want the 2nd one then u can go with stupidenator

But when u say EXPORT it means taking database back up.
for this

SQL>HOST

U will get a black screen

type
EXP USERNAME/PASSWORD
THEN FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS.

FOR HELP U CAN TYPE
EXP HELP=Y

Hope that helps you

hai satish....me too need this SOLUTION plz.... right i m studying my final year UG degree. i have developed my project in VB and ORACLE 8i...now i want to execute my project in my college.... now wts the problem is i have to create tables every time in another system.... so i want to bind the selected tables (example,.. table1,table2,table3,emp_table.....) and want to extract in the naive user system.....help me plzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..how to do this........

dear karan to solve the problem you are facing just follow the process described above and u you get a exported file with extension .DMP

next u can import all of your tables from that fiel to re create your entire database or only specific tables (depends on type of export choosen).

any where u need to run your application just use the IMPORT utility of oracle

SQL> host

import [EMAIL="username/password@hoststring"]username/password@hoststring[/EMAIL]

then just follow the steps as prompted.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.